Alternative dispute resolution center is organizing 3 day residential workshop ” Finishing School for Law students ” on September 10, 11 and 12 .Finishing School for Law Students is a unique course that provides a practical approach to law.It has often been noted that law graduates are not equipped to meet the expectations of the intensely competitive job market. Due to lack of proper training and awareness, most lawyers in the litigation and corporate sectors find it difficult to perform well. The main objective of the course is to encourage students to think out of the box and equip them to be legal entrepreneurs. The curriculum for the course has been framed keeping in mind subjects that are usually not taught in a law school. The course will include sessions on legal entrepreneurship, advocacy, governance and soft skills training. It will also include mock sessions on advocacy, client management and mediation sessions.
- Padma Shree Dr N. R. Madhava Menon , Former Director – NLSIU Bengaluru; WBNUJS Kolkata, and NJA Bhopal
- Dr Sebastian Paul ,Former Member of Lok Sabha
- Professor Bhaskara Iyer , All-India Director of the English Department, TIME
- Bechu Kurian Thomas, Advocate, High Court of Kerala
- Raj Cherubal, City Connect Foundation, Chennai
- Helen Wagner Heeranandani, Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Australia
- Zarine Habeeb, Henigson Fellow, Harward Law School
- Prasanth V. G., Senior Associate, Krishnamurthy & Co, Bengaluru
- D. Dhanuraj, Chairman, Centre for Public Policy Research, Kochi
Course Director: Professor K.C, Abraham (Retd.) Sacred Heart College, Thevara, Kochi
Only few seat are left for the course.
Registration is on first-come-first-serve basis. So, hurry up and apply at the earliest! The registration fee of Rs 3,000 is inclusive of food and accommodation.For more details, log on to ADR Centre or contact Madhu S at: 0484 6469177 or 09446089456 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.